ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus Gaming LGA 1200 ATX Motherboard
- ATX Form Factor
- Intel Z490 Chipset
- LGA 1200 Socket
- 4 x Dual-Channel DDR4-4600 (OC)
- 6 x SATA III | 2 x M.2
- 2 x PCIe 3.0 x16 | 3 x PCIe 3.0 x1 Slots
- Realtek S1220 8-Channel HD Audio
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Supports AMD 2-Way CrossFireX
Enhance your gaming experience with the ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus Gaming LGA 1200 ATX Motherboard. Designed with high durability for gamers, enthusiasts, and overclockers, this motherboard is powered by the Intel Z490 chipset and supports 10th generation Intel processors with the LGA 1200 socket. It takes full advantage of the PCIe 3.0 data bandwidth to deliver high performance for tasks such as video editing. Up to 128GB of dual-channel DDR4 RAM, reaching 4600 MHz when overclocked, can be installed across four memory slots. The ATX motherboard also features advanced cooling and supports up to two M.2 SSDs and six SATA III storage drives, which can be put into RAID 0, 1, 5, or 10 configuration and enhanced with Intel Rapid Storage and Optane technology. Its two PCIe 3.0 x16 slots can accommodate a 2-Way AMD CrossFireX configuration to maximize frame rates, connect 4K monitors, and for faster video rendering times. Alternatively, the built-in DisplayPort and HDMI ports allow you to take advantage of integrated CPU graphics. One PCIe 3.0 x1 slot is available alongside a Thunderbolt 3 header for compatible expansion cards.
The USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A and Type-C ports allow you to transfer data from compatible peripherals at up to 10 Gb/s. Other features include a Gigabit Ethernet port that allows you to play online games, stream video, and more over a wired network connection. The ROG Strix Z490-H Gaming also delivers deep and immersive 7.1-channel surround sound through the SupremeFX S1200A audio codec. You can customize your computing experience using the addressable RGB headers to connect light strips, which can be synced with other Aura Sync-compatible peripherals such as mice and keyboards. Windows 10 64-bit is required to take advantage of all the motherboard's features.
- LANGuard technology improves the tradition Ethernet port by protecting it against surges, providing a cleaner data signal, and reducing the chance of errors without taking up CPU resources.
- Reinforced PCIe slots provide strong retention and shearing resistance.
- Built-in ESD guards prolong the life of ports and electrical components while preventing damage from electrostatic discharge.
- Onboard resettable fuses provide protection against overcurrent and short-circuit damage.
- The corrosion-resistant stainless steel back I/O panel bonded with chromium oxide to provide a long lifespan in harsh conditions.
- Enhanced 4-pin and 8-pin power sockets offer high durability while helping to prevent hotspots and connector failure.
Storage and Memory
- Two PCIe 4.0 M.2 slots are available, supporting up to type 22110 SATA and NVMe SSDs.
- Six SATA III ports are available for hard drives and 2.5" SSDs.
- Supports RAID 0, 1, 5, and 10.
- Intel Rapid Storage technology maximizes storage performance and improves response time for everyday tasks such as photo editing, video loading, and using productivity applications.
- Intel Optane modules are supported, which enhance mechanical disk drives by caching frequently accessed data.
- Up to 128GB of dual-channel DDR4-4600 (OC) memory can be installed across four slots.
- OptiMem II technology enhances memory stability and compatibility.
- The TUF Gaming Z490-Plus includes 12+2 power stages with DrMOS to efficiently deliver power to the processor and other critical components.
- The Digi+ voltage-regulator module (VRM) helps to ensure smooth and clean power delivery.
- Quality chokes and durable capacitors help to deliver strong electrical performance.
- The VRM heatsink and thermal pad help to efficiently transfer heat away from the motherboard's electrical systems.
- The six-layer PCB design efficiently transfers heat away from critical components.
- The M.2 slots are covered by a large heatsink to help prevent speed throttling when the SSDs become too hot.
- A dedicated M.2 fan header and included fan bracket deliver greater cooling for your SSDs.
- Comprehensive fan controls allow you to manually or automatically adjust the speed of your fans to find a balance of cooling performance and noise.
AMD CrossFireX Support
- The Gigabit Ethernet port provides a fast wired network connection with compatible devices.
- The Turbo LAN utility helps you to optimize network data traffic.
- Onboard Q-LED lights indicate the power status and problems with the CPU, memory, graphics card, or boot device.
- Q-DIMM slots allow you to quickly install or remove memory.
- The integrated SupremeFX S1200A audio technology is designed to deliver stunning, detailed sound with 7.1-channel playback.
- 32-Bit / 192 kHz playback support.
- 108 dB stereo output signal-to-noise ratio.
- 103 dB input signal-to-noise ratio.
- Electromagnetic shielding protects against interference from nearby components for cleaner-sounding audio.
- The premium capacitors are designed to produce a warm, natural sound with high clarity.
- The DTS Custom onboard audio delivers positional audio effects to stereo headsets.